DCFlex Current Probe
The DCflex is an easy to use, low cost, thin and clip-around DC current probe. It is suitable for measuring large DC currents of >2kA.
The DCflex takes a single shot measurement of the DC current with a typical accuracy of ±1%. It is important to understand that the DCflex does not provide a continuous measurement of DC current.
The DC current is displayed on a small LCD display on the front of the electronics enclosure. Alternatively the output can be viewed on a DMM or oscilloscope via a BNC socket on the front of the enclosure, a feature that is useful if the DC current measured has a ripple component which needs to be measured.
Press the reset button Null the offset to zero
Clip the probe around the busbar
Take a reading
Standards and Approvals
- CE marked
- Designed to comply with IEC61010-1:2001
- PEM Ltd is an ISO9001:2008 registered company
- Peak current (FS)
- 10kA, 20kA, 30kA, 40kA (higher custom ratings available)
- Output (FS)
- 2.0V peak
- Accuracy (typ.)
- ± 0.4% of reading - Calibration
Calibrated to ±0.4% with conductor central in the Rogowski loop – cal. certificate supplied
- ±0.5% of reading – Conductor position accuracy
Typical variation with the position of a 20cm2 bus-bar in the Rogowski coil loop conductor position
- 0.1% of full scale – LCD display error
- 10.0Ap-p – Uncertainty due to noise
(e.g. for the 10kA version 0.1% of FS, and for the 40kA version 0.025% of FS)
- Measurement drift
- 0.025% per second of reading - Set-up drift
From reset to clipping the coil into its socket around the bus-bar
- < 5.0A /sec - Output drift
From clipping the coil into its socket to taking a reading
- Operating temperature range
- 0℃ to +40℃ (Integrator electronics)
- –10℃ to +120℃ (Coil and cable)
- Coil Lengths
- 1000mm or 2000mm (custom lengths available)
- Coil thickness
- 8.5mm max.
- Peak coil insulation
- 2kV peak
- Cable Length (coil to integrator)
- 1.5m (custom lengths available)
- Power Supply
- ‘B’ Battery 4 x AA (1.5V standard alkali batteries)
Plus - 2.1mm socket for 12V (±10%) DC input
- 1.999V max output (4 digit display 0.001V resolution)
BNC socket to plug output directly into DMM, scope, etc.
- Traceable calibration (certificate included)
- Integral display so no need for external meters or oscilloscopes (though BNC output also provided)
- Fully galvanically isolated measurement
- Thin, flexible, clip-around coil easy to insert in confined spaces
- Large circumference coils capable of being installed around very large bus-bars or cable bundles.
Power (Quality) Measurements
Some typical applications include
- Metal smelting plants
- Cathodic protection
- DC link (large inverter motor drives)
- Plating plants
- Verifying the performance of large dc shunts or Hall Effect transducers that are in-situ in existing plant.